It's been pretty hard to keep up with the blog lately - very difficult to type when holding a baby!
Anyway, I wanted to provide a quick update. Kinsey really loves being a big sister - she tries to be very helpful giving Winnie her pacifier, patting her on the back, wrapping her up in her burp cloth like a blanket, etc. Of course we have to watch her very carefully because she doesn't exactly know when she's being too rough, but she's generally very good with her. We haven't seen any jealousy issues so that's wonderful!
Unfortunately Kinsey caught a cold a couple of weeks ago and spent the weekend in the hospital. That was really hard because I couldn't be with her - no way I can be in two places at once and we didn't want to expose Winnie to the hospital germs. (Winnie and I had already caught the same cold, only a much milder version of it so we stayed home while Jamie and my dad were with Kinsey.) It was just a cold, but as usual it hit her harder than a cold should and she was in the hospital because of her low oxygen levels. She came home on Monday and recovered quickly. She was really excited to see me and Winnie again too!
Developmentally Kinsey is getting better every day at using silverware. She's really good at putting food on a spoon all by herself (sticky things like yogurt or even jello) and getting the spoon to her mouth without losing the food on the way. You can really see her watching to be sure she doesn't turn the spoon upside down. And she's getting better at using a fork too - she's just recently become successful at stabbing food with the fork and getting it to her mouth. She's been attempting to stab food for a while, but usually gets a little over zealous with it and ends up with nothing on the fork in the end, but she's getting more controlled with her efforts and doing better now. I've been trying for some time to get this new skill on video, but as usual she stops doing it as soon as I pull out the camera, but I caught her in the act when we were at a restaurant recently and she was distracted :) Here's the video.
Other than that, here are some pictures from the last few weeks. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment