Friday, January 24, 2014

Eating Improvements

Kinsey's abilities to eat and chew more solid foods have continued to improve this week! She's been doing a great job with a variety of new foods including baked cinnamon apples, avocado, sweet potato, strawberries and bananas cut up into small pieces, and even a cereal bar type thing. She's also continued to really enjoy bread and the baby ravioli (which she devours now!).  Most of the time we put a few pieces of food on her tray and she picks them up with her fingers, but sometimes she plays with it instead of eating it so we stab a piece with a baby fork and feed it to her that way. The other day I was doing that and she grabbed the fork from me and proceeded to feed herself the rest of her meal that way - with me putting the food on the fork and her putting it in her mouth!(the entire meal was pieces of food - nothing pureed)! She even let me capture it on video https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152154594172618&l=2059686497478876335  She's also still enjoying the baby food pouches and routinely eats them in the car without making a mess.

Another new thing this week is that Kinsey is starting to wave (finally!). Most of the time it's an entire arm wave, but she does it in response to you waving to her so she's got the idea. Sometimes she will wave her hand with wrist motion only like a real wave, but most of the time that is out of context (just random). Although today she was doing it as we approached a friend's door and while waiting for her to answer the door. Then she did it after we left her house ... we were trying to get her to wave goodbye and she did more of the entire arm wave, but then did the real wave with the wrist motion once we were already outside. I've seen other children do something like that on a delay before so I think it's pretty typical behavior when learning.

That's it for now. Here are some pictures from this week:


IMAG0846(1) 
We were at Aliy's house and Kinsey really wanted to follow Jayce and Amara up the stairs. I helped her crawl up a few steps. 

  IMG_0120 
Kinsey's favorite place to play - in the bathroom with her bath toys and assorted other things she drags in there with her. 

  IMG_0126 
The other day I left her in the living room standing in front of her kitchen and when I came back she was sitting in her chair with her baby doll watching her cartoons. She cruised all the way from the kitchen around her toy storage and around her table and managed to sit down correctly in the chair! 

  IMG_0144 
One of her other favorite things to do - play in the dirty laundry. 

  IMG_0152 
I simply couldn't resist taking this picture! Waiting for her bath. 

  IMG_0156 
Watching the faucet in the bath. 

 
photo(10) 
Cheering on the Broncos with Daddy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now we need a video of Kinsey waving. I've been waiting to see her do that!