Since the weather is finally starting to warm up, my dad assembled the new play house he bought Kinsey for Christmas and she got to play with it for the first time this week. It's so cute with a little white picket fence, mail box, sink, flower planter, etc. She loves walking around inside and outside of it and opening and closing the door and the mailbox. There's a little ledge in the doorway that she has a hard time stepping over right now, but she'll figure it out.
Kinsey is continuing to eat like a rock star. She often devours her food and has really been enjoying fruit lately (she eats strawberries, raspberries, orange slices and pear slices). This week she tried bacon for the first time - and she loved it, of course! I made sure to give her some softer pieces and she gobbled them right up. I tried giving her some turkey lunchmeat one day and she wasn't too into that - not sure if she just preferred the Mac & Cheese she was eating or really didn't like it, so we'll try that again someday. I also tried giving her canned chicken (like tuna), but it was a little dry so it didn't work too well. I need to be able to mix it with something, but she can't have mayo (or even miracle whip) because of the egg so I need to find a vegan mayo to try.
The best part is that I can do other things while she eats now instead of having to sit there with her for 30 minutes or more trying to get her to eat! And we can enjoy our meal while it's still hot while she feeds herself at the same time as us instead of having to feed her beforehand or try to eat at the same time as feeding her. She also really enjoys eating the same food as us, so we always try to find something of ours that she can eat too. (Sometimes she gets a little demanding if we don't!) It's so liberating! And it's especially nice at restaurants. :) Here she is at Panera feeding herself Mac & Cheese:
Kinsey's walking is also continuing to improve! She is walking completely on her own A LOT at school - they bribe her with a doll or something she wants and she walks towards it. I've been able to get to her take a few steps at home, but it works better at school for two reasons - more open space where she can't grab onto something and multiple people to work with her on it - one to bribe her and one to spot her in case she falls. Not quite as easy to replicate at home. But she walks FAST when she walks! The teacher has a great video that I'll hopefully get in a few days and be able to post in next week's blog.
Something else new that Kinsey is doing (and they're starting to see at school too) is that she is getting much more opinionated! If you try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do (or if she even thinks that's what you're doing), she will protest. She complains a lot more than she used to when she doesn't get her way (which is still really nothing compared to the average toddler). And like I said, she can be demanding when she wants something, especially your food (one day I was eating some scrambled eggs for lunch while she was eating her lunch and she threw a total fit because I wouldn't give her my food!).
I think she's officially mastered waving at this point. She will always wave if she sees you waving at her first (sometimes it takes a little while, but she does it). She waves at Jamie pretty much every day when he gets home from work - mostly as soon as he walks in the door before he even gets to wear he can see her. And the other day when we were leaving school I told her to say goodbye to one of her classmates and she waved (without me showing her to wave, just by me telling her to do it!)
As I mentioned in an earlier blog, Kinsey is showing some interest in brushing her hair. The other day I was able to catch a little video of her trying to do it.
Lastly, Kinsey got a new accessory this week: a belt with her initial on the belt buckle! The kid seriously needs a belt because NONE of her pants fit her - skinny mini! Fortunately some of them have adjustable waistbands, but many don't so when I saw these belts online, I had to have them. I bought one in a basic color she could wear with anything and then a pink sparkly one of course. It was hard to get a picture of it, but here's what I did get:







1 comment:
Give my little honey a kiss for Gramma. Love the pics of the house and of her feeding herself. Hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment