Friday, May 2, 2014

Walking More and More!

Let me begin by saying I'm not feeling well tonight, so this will be a quick post. Please pray that I feel better soon, but more importantly, that I don't pass this on to Kinsey!

Anyway, this week Kinsey has been walking like crazy! We continue to practice with her walking between Jamie and I, but she's getting much braver and more independent. At school and home, she will walk right by a person or an object she could hold onto to continue on to wherever she's going! That's huge progress because in the past she would only go as far as the nearest object. On Tuesday she walked all the way out of her classroom and down the hall to the front door of the school, only grabbing my hand a couple of times briefly for support! I'm not sure how far that is, but let's just say it was incredibly impressive (and I was crying the whole way)! So proud of my baby girl!

At home, she's been all over the place going from room to room without grabbing anything and turning around to come back to where she started! Amazing! She's also been letting go of a hand to take off on her own quite often!

But, she's also equally as stubborn as she is confident and independent and if she doesn't want to walk, she simply won't! If she doesn't want to let go of your hand and you try to do it, she will grab on with a death grip, often using her other hand to adjust her grip. And if you persist, she will sit down! Stinker!

Anyway, it's really all an amazing thing to watch. Here's a video of her going around the house...hard to get because I still have to be there to catch her. She has had a couple of bad falls this week too.

She's also started doing something new with her toys: brushing her stuffed animals. And she also likes feeding treats to Bailey!

Finally, a quick weight update: she's gained another 9oz and is up to 25 lbs 14oz!  Also impressive! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BoqW0bpZsgU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you feel better soon! Blog was really cute - loved watching her feed Bailey and walk around the house. Looking forward to seeing all of you in a few days. Hugs.