The other big news is how good she's getting at standing. On Sunday I stood her up in front of the coffee table and I was surprised at how well she stood on her own while resting her elbows on the table. http://youtu.be/viMwXWAIZKo
We've been practicing it a lot since then and she's still doing really well at it. Before we know it, she'll be cruising around the table! We're hoping her therapy walker will be here before we move (still working on that one), but I think she'll be all over the place with that thing!
Kinsey had her last appointment with the cardiologist this week - she wan't due for it yet, but I wanted to get her in to see him before we move. He said everything looked the same. The WPW is still there and the Cardiomyopathy hasn't gotten any worse (which is important). He suggested we find a new pediatric cardiologist at the Children's Hospital in Denver because they will be best equipped to deal with her electrical issues. We'll probably be 45 min to an hour away from there, but she really only sees the cardiologist twice a year so that's not a big deal.
We also went to see the audiologist this week to test Kinsey's hearing again so we have the most recent report on that before we move too. The last time they put her in the sound booth was right after she got her hearing aid, which I think was like 8 months ago. Back then she didn't respond to any sounds - with or without the hearing aid. This time it was a big difference. With the hearing aid, she responded to all types of sounds at 20 decibels (which is normal hearing). Without the hearing aid, she only responded to sounds at the 60-80 decibel level, which is about what we expected. So the hearing aid definitely allows her to hear "normally" and we need to get better about having her wear it (we've been pretty slack about that lately).
This week we've had lots of fun, so I have a bunch of videos to share:
Kinsey and Mina (our friend's daughter) sitting on the couch kicking their legs: http://youtu.be/Zm-7YKL2BFM
Kinsey demonstrating her "abs of steel". This is how she's currently trying to sit up. She can do it if you hold her legs down for her. But notice how long she holds this v-sit exercise position - 20 full seconds! Oh and she's laughing at baily here to: http://youtu.be/V6YVu5fb_js
Kinsey laughing while Jamie tickles her: http://youtu.be/vzLm9brAiec
Kinsey playing with the recycled noise maker we made at Stroller Strides playgroup: http://youtu.be/iC7ASgLBCFQ
Here's a picture of Kinsey and Mina sitting on the couch together (also sporting the new headbands I'm making for my Etsy store):
And here's a picture of Kinsey's new bath trick - putting the rings on and off her feet.
Next week is our last round of therapy appointments and the big move is just around the corner!
2 comments:
I LOVE the video of Kinsey and Mina kicking on the couch. Kinsey had to show Mina how to do it! Smarty pants!
Post a Comment