We've been really busy getting ready for the move, including getting things wrapped up for Kinsey. The only outstanding thing at this point is the Gait Trainer Walker that her therapist ordered for her. I spoke with the company yesterday and they have agreed to ship it to us if it doesn't get here before we move (originally they said Kinsey would have to come in and be fitted for it, so it had to be here before we left). It might still get in, but at least now we know we'll be able to get it later if necessary.
The big Kinsey news this week is that she has definitely grown! We went for a follow-up with the nutritionist just to get her weight and height again this week. While she was above 20 pounds for about a week, she's back under now because she's had a cold (more on that below). So she was back in the 19s, but she grew 3/4 of an inch, which puts her at 30.25" tall! That puts her at 18th percentile, quite a jump! So it seems like maybe the extra calories did help her grow, which makes me happy! She also outgrew the baby height scale so we had to move up to the toddler one!
As I mentioned, Kinsey has a cold right now. Actually, we all do. I caught it first, then Kinsey and now Jamie. Fortunately it's not a bad one, just more of a nuisance than anything. But of course we're watching Kinsey carefully to be sure it doesn't become something more with her.
Tomorrow Kinsey and I are going to the March of Dimes March for Babies with our Stroller Strides group. The Stroller Strides group is marching this year in honor of Kinsey :) We haven't been to Stroller Strides this week since we've been sick and only have a few more chances to see everyone before we move, so it should be fun. We're all wearing team shirts that say "Striding for Kinsey."
That's it for this week - here are some pictures and a video from this past week. Next week's blog will be delayed due to the move, but I'll post again as soon as I can! Wish us luck with the move!
Oh, and I hope you like the new blog design :)
Videos:
Packing: http://youtu.be/ZNcHrnnW7HE
Practice Standing (leaning against a foot stool that moves): http://youtu.be/EfDht1jP5Xc
| Helping us pack? |
| I love the path of destruction behind her! |
| Sitting on the bench part of the toy playing |
No comments:
Post a Comment